My career is comprised of over 20 years of increasing responsibility that has spanned several industries, including international development and governmental non-profit, finance, the biopharmaceutical industry and specialty veterinary health care. I have honed my skills as a creative brand developer and builder.
I believe in the power of the digital revolution. Content is king, the platforms and technology used behind the scenes is the queen, social media is the driver, traditional media is the butler… I could go on, but it’s starting to get awkward.
Areas of Excellence:
- Strategy Development & Execution
- Creative Direction and Management
- Campaign Development and Implementation
- Website Development and Management
- Team Leadership and Mentoring
Professional Development: Continuous, lifelong learning through online courses, reading and conference attendance.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) in Marketing, 1999: University of Massachusetts, Boston, MA.
Bachelor of Arts Degree, Marketing, 1996: Webster University, Vienna, Austria, Graduated Cum Laude, with Honors in Management.
I love technology! I use it when and where ever I can to improve efficiencies, and gain consistencies. Time spent building automated solutions is never wasted. Below is a SHORT list of software I use nearly daily.
- Graphic Design: Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign), Quark Xpress
- Business Software: Office Suite, Google Drive, Dropbox and other file sharing software
- Organizational Tools: Trello, Smartsheets, Anylist, Excel, Basecamp
- Digital Media Marketing: Hootsuite, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, WordPress, Eventbrite
- Social Media: Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, 4Square, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+
- Brand Reputation Management: Yelp, Google Places, Yext
Dec. 2015 – Present: Creative Marketing Director, Ethos Veterinary Health
April 2006 – Dec. 2015: Director of Marketing, IVG Hospitals, Inc. – now Ethos Veterinary Health
May 2004 – August 2005: Marketing Coordinator, Events Planner, Executive Assistant, Surface Logix
October 2002 – October 2003: Marketing Specialist, Palestinian Investment Promotion Agency (PIPA)
May 2002 – October 2003: Marketing Consultant, Freelance
Sept. 1997 – Aug. 2001: State Street Corporation (Multiple Positions)
June 1994 – Aug. 1997: United Nations (Multiple Positions)
Creative Marketing Director, Dec. 2015 – Present
Ethos Veterinary Health, LLC – Woburn, MA
In December 2015 IVG Hospitals merged with three other veterinary specialty and emergency hospitals across the country. IVG Hospitals represents 42% of the merger. During the process of the merger roles were reassigned. I was promoted laterally to a new role as Creative Director. This function is responsible for overseeing, managing and strategizing, in coordination with the Director of Marketing of Ethos Veterinary Health, the voice and brand of Ethos and the rebrand of all 14 hospitals in the new organization.
Establishing a new brand, externalizing its existence, fashioning a footprint in a unique industry and building equity is the primary role.
Rebranding, leveraging and building upon existing brand equity at all four (now five – one more hospital was acquired in April 2016), multi-million dollar veterinary specialty hospitals is a second, but no less important task.
At the end of the fourth quarter revenue for the Ethos Veterinary Health organization was $130 million. Ensuring the brand is transitioned and built to both retain value and grow the organization is paramount.
We will be taking a multi-channel and multi-pronged approach to the rebrand. Resources remain at a premium, so the rebrand will not be televised, but it will be on social media, we will reach out through community channels, build on our matrix relationships and use the experience and skill of a tight knit band of tried, tested, and true external vendors, team members, and stakeholders of all types.
Between December 2015 and today, the following has been completed:
- Ethos Veterinary Health brand and all brand assets created and defined along with brand guidelines.
- Events materials are being developed, backlit banners, tablecloths, retractable signage and social media awareness building campaigns have been developed around the 4 industry events the team has participated in over the year.
- Strategy for acquisitions, set in place and marketing materials, power point decks and data gathered and implemented for the business development/strategy teams.
- Business identity materials defined, tweaked, redefined and deployed (letterheads, envelopes, PowerPoint decks …)
- “by Ethos” co-branding to introduce “Ethos Veterinary Health” to our existing stakeholders allowing one year to percolate through and gain familiarity and elements of comfort.
- It has been one year and the brand is starting to gain traction within the industry, the full rebrand at all brick and mortar hospitals is in process. Beta-test of first hospital is complete. Full roll out starts now as we move across the country from East to West.
Director of Marketing, April 2006 – Dec. 2015
IVG Hospitals, Inc. – Woburn, MA
I was responsible for developing, communicating and steering marketing strategies and implementation for IVG Hospitals (IVG), in collaboration with the executive team and regional operations and hospital management teams at each of six hospitals. Together we worked to meet the short and long-term strategic business objectives of the organization.
Over the 10 years that I held this position, revenue for IVG Hospitals increased 382% through a combination of organic growth, new hospital development, and hospital acquisitions. Marketing has been a significant driver for organic growth and we have developed a strong brand that attracts other hospitals looking to be acquired.
In my role, I worked closely with consultants, vendor partners, researchers and internal team members across the organization to devise and implement strong, targeted marketing campaigns to build awareness, trust and a loyal client base. Marketing efforts are geared towards both a B2B and a B2C audience. The brand has further tasked itself with developing itself as a thought leader and working with the team in Learning and Development, we have built our annual veterinary symposium to be the second largest educational conference of its kind in New England over the course of seven years.
Created and developed a cohesive, multi-faceted marketing strategy, department and all collateral (print and online) from the ground up in 2006-08.
- In 2009-2010 we conducted a complete brand overhaul, incorporating focus groups and significant market research. We refocused our brand and redoubled our efforts.
- Developed the existing website and continue to focus efforts on growing regular use of the website as a resource through compelling, educational content and up-to-date technology and platforms.
- We were an early business adopter of social media at my insistence. Today we have strong, actively engaged communities with diverse, and consistent content.
- Social Media: Currently 15 actively engaged social media platforms, veterinary blog geared towards pet owners and an online quarterly newsletter featuring articles focused at a veterinary audience.
- Video: Increasing use of video for brand story-telling purposes. Including time lapse videos of procedures, doctor interviews and lifestyle videos.
- Worked with upper management to develop the work flow and marketing of a new platform to expand services and modes of communication beyond bricks and mortar to incorporate telemedicine and more online two-way communication mechanisms into the business mix.
- Exponential growth in the number of client touch points (B2B and B2C):
- In 2006, 1 distinct newsletter targeting veterinarians was sent out quarterly, with 4 articles sent out per year. Six continuing education lectures were held per year for referring veterinarians.
- In 2012, there are more than 26 lectures scheduled for referring veterinarians, one all day educational symposium, four newsletters with three articles per edition, online blogs, fax and blast email updates, a pet owner education series, and significant number of ways clients can interact with our hospitals including social media and online forms.
- In 2016 the IVG Veterinary Symposium is a 2 day event that drew more than 500 participants. We have developed a significant social media platform with integrated strategies that cover all the key social media platforms and provide engaging content to our members.
Marketing Coordinator, Events Planner, Executive Assistant – May 2004 – August 2005
Surface Logix, Inc., Brighton, MA
I supported the Business Development function with marketing and commercial data projects. I maintained website information in coordination with IT and sub-contractors. I managed internal tracking systems & all the paperwork for the In Vivo studies on behalf of the VP of Chemistry and served as internal central point of contact on In Vivo documentation.
- Creative and driving force behind the new website created July 2004.
- Managed external relationships with the graphic artists for medical images used in PowerPoint presentations and on website content.
USAID funded Project: Marketing Specialist, – October 2002 – October 2003
Palestinian Investment Promotion Agency (PIPA), Ramallah, Palestinian Authority
I developed marketing strategies and advised management on tactics for promoting and generating investment in the West Bank & Gaza Strip. I coordinated PR activities with PRIZIM offices in West Bank and Gaza. I coordinated relationships and activities with external vendors. I ensured all marketing materials met international standards and supported the goals of the organizations.
- Created a comprehensive three year marketing strategy with the goal of ensuring that elements within the mix were easily manageable by existing staff at the Agency.
- Wrote and redeveloped the website (graphics, content and layout) pipa.gov.ps
- Developed the content and appearance of PIPA brochure, pamphlets, PowerPoint presentations, inserts and other printed and electronic material.
- Established a database of statistical information on Palestine and provided guidance to staff members on continuing work and data collection.
Marketing Consultant, Freelance – May 2002 – October 2003
Ramallah, Palestinian Authority
- Managed a campaign to launch pre-paid dial-up Internet cards to the West Bank market in collaboration with Palestine Online (p-ol.com), a local ISP. This project incorporated all aspects of the launch from the initial planning stages through to hand-over to the Director of Sales once the cards were in the market and initial advertising initiatives had been completed.
- Assisted a local advertising company on multiple projects, including editing the translation of the narration for a documentary produced by a local director, developing a marketing strategy and concepts for marketing material for a convention show contract (they won).
- Researched and wrote an article on behalf of Pal Trade delineating the economic implications of the (then current) political situation in the West Bank.
State Street Corporation – Sept. 1997 – Aug. 2001
Marketing Associate, Global Securities Lending, 12/99 – 8/01
Trade Processor, Investment Management Services, 9/97 – 12/99
- Creation of visually attractive, interesting, informative slides to advise staff of new client wins, promotions, awards, upcoming events.
- Maintained a database on securities lending solutions for use in responding to RFP questions; required frequent information updates and associated research.